Image Map

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

3 Posts this Week? Shocking. (Overhead Work Station)

I know, I know. I am surprised too. Like I said, when I started feeling like I was not drowning in school work I would be back. Hopefully this will continue.

I posted yesterday about creating activities for my littles to do at the overhead projector during work stations. It's DONE! Whoo.

I knew I wanted to incorporate the overhead into our work stations since it is simple technology to work with and my kids love it. 

At first I had my students making words with the Overhead Pens. After my OCD could not handle the mess of the pens all over, I introduce using magnet letters  to make the words. My students would make their weekly words, words from the word wall, or words from around the room.  Then, I found overhead 1 inch tiles. I had the idea to write letters on the tiles for the students to use. And that is where the idea of having overhead transpariences with pictures which the students would make the word.

I snapped pictures today of one of my cuties working at the work station.  She was doing an amazing job!
 She is using the tiles to build words on the transparency strips based on the pictures.

These are the 1 inch tiles I used. 



I created a Short Vowel packet first. I will make others as time goes on! 
Click the picture below to go to the TpT store. 
 Hope this helps you during your work stations!



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I love this idea! I have not opened this workstation lately because I ran out of ideas. Where did you get your tiles?

    Thanks!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought about making the overhead projector into a work station; what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have I not found your blog before!? So glad for Pinterest :) Can't wait to read through your past posts!
    Anita
    Mrs. Bremer’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I got rid of my overhead awhile back but might need to snag it from storage!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you make the letters and the word/spelling strips? Or did yo purchase them?

    ReplyDelete